You gave me the option of choosing top 10 songs that inspired "Birth" or the top 10 foods to eat while reading it. Since I'm a bit of a rule breaker, I split the difference and went with 5 from each list! Just call me James Dean I'm such a rebel. :-)
Top 5 Foods
1) Peanut butter. I ate copious amounts of this golden elixir while writing "Birth." Each afternoon Erin and I would need a little snack, and along with the second item on this list, we satisfied our hunger.
2) Coke Zero. OMH! I think I'm addicted! Erin and I used to drink Diet Pepsi, but Pepsi changed their formula and ruined this wonderful drink. We tried The Zero and have never looked back!
3) Beef Fried Rice. Our local Chinese restaurant has the best beef fried rice. At most restaurants, Erin has to order it without vegetables, but this place doesn't put them in anyway. Win! Sadly, they recognize our voices and know us by name when we call. Haha!
4) Pizza. When it's time for a celebratory meal, we almost always head to Papa Murphy's. I even have the app on my phone to make ordering easier.
5) Popcorn. As of late, evening comes, and we don't even know what to make for dinner. You know, it's 6 PM and you know you *should* make something, but everything sounds like a hassle. We've taken to just popping up a large batch of corn, grabbing a Coke Zero, and calling it good. #SaltAddictsUnited
Top 5 Songs
As a former music major and a complete music lover, I had to found inspiration for each of my main characters. So Dios, Lindsey, Angel, Stewart, and Cindie these are your tunes!
DiosDavid Lee Roth's, I'm Just a Gigolo. Could there be any more perfect song for Dios? He's David Lee Roth's kindred spirit: A little oblivious, a whole lotta full of himself, and daydreaming about how he's God's gift to the ladies.
LindseyCam - Runaway Train. The very first time I heard this tune I knew it was Lindsey's theme song. Feisty, hard, angry, fast, and all Lindsey!
AngelMy Chemical Romance - Famous Last Words. Angel and Dios have such a hawt romance, but she's always had her misgivings. She has plans and isn't afraid to follow her dreams...well, she is, but needs a serious kick in the pants to make her make them happen.
StewartBilly Ray Cyrus - Achy Breaky Heart. Poor Stewart. He's the victim in all this...right? Well, you could ask him, but only if you can catch him as he drives his hot-pink--excuse me SALMON--colored Fiat down the boulevard.
Britney Spears - Oops, I Did it Again - Nobody reminds me of Cindie more than Britney Spears. Young. Temptress. Self-Centered. Egotistical.
Birth of an American Gigolo, the deets from Deek!Okay, so what the heck is "Birth of an American Gigolo" about?
Here's the blurb from the back of the book:
An old party girl shoehorned into domestic divaship, infuriated by her husband's cheating and his holier-than-thou, tree-hugging, no-tits and no-hips girlfriend, inflicts her wrath by training a local boy in the fine art of seduction. She and her new boy toy turned love god start a gigolo business as a distraction for the neglected and mistreated housewives of Alabaster Cove.
|Lindsey, the queen of Alabaster Cove|
|George is nowhere in sight!|
What isn't it about? Sex! There is a little of course, because, well, it's about an angry and betrayed party girl and her boy toy. But if you're looking for long descriptions of people's kibbles and bits and how they sizzle and sauté them into a goulash of passion and uninhibited fornication, then you'd better look for a different blend of Chex Mix, cause, brother, this ain't it.
Okay, domestic diva...check. No George Michael in sight...check. Humorous situations where an angry party girls runs over a scooter with a Hummer...check.
Alright, my friends, first, check out the amazeballs cover by Anita from Race-Point.com:
|Birth of an American Gigolo by Deek Rhew|
Bask in the glory that is awesome, spellbinding art. <cue Hallelujah Chorus>
Visit the "Birth of an American Gigolo" home page.
Take a gander at Goodreads!
Cruise on over to Amazon. "Birth" is available January 19, 2016!
About the Author
Deek lives in a rainy pocket in the Pacific Northwest with the stunning YA author bride, Erin Rhew, and their writing assistant, a fat tabby named Trinity. They enjoy lingering in the mornings, and often late into the night, caught up Erin’s fantastic fantasy worlds of noble princes and knights and entwined in Deek’s dark underworld of the FBI and drug lords.
He and Erin love to share books by reading aloud to one another. In addition, they enjoy spending time with friends, running, boxing, lifting weights, and exploring the little town--with antique shops and bakeries--they call home.
Connect with Deek!